The COVID-19 outbreak has affected all segments of the population and is particularly detrimental to members of those social groups in the most vulnerable situations.
Before the outbreak:
- Digitalisation had a great potential for innovation-support in Vocational Education and Training (VET) but vocational training’s social and economic contributions has always been under researched and underappreciated.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions were often being seen as simply providing skills rather than having a more extensive role in the innovation ecosystem.
Since the outbreak:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) is increasingly seen as a driver of innovation and is part of the Lifelong Learning Indicator for the EU Innovation Scoreboard.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) prepares learners for occupations where creativity is necessary, drives new ideas in business and industry, and helps to close the skills gap.
Mission and Objectives
The HACK4SOCIETY project introduces a bottom-up approach and provide VET Professional and Learners the floor to propose e-learning modules, training methodologies and techniques, that will create a better learning experience, creating a better e-learning environment.
This is realised through hackathon Events and the preparation of Open Educational Resources (OERs).
HACK4Society will prepare 15 e-learning Trainings Modules, that will be incorporated in the operation of EVBB (Major European VET Umbrella Organisation), offering them to all VET providers across the EU, especially targeting the smaller institutions.
Hack4Society is meant for:
- VET providers particularly the smaller ones (regional or local level) who are going to have access to state of the art and tailored e-training modules, that they would otherwise not be able to develop.
- VET teachers and trainers who are going to acquire better digital competences.
- VET Tutors and career counsellors, who will have access to ready to use software and e-modules in the form of OERs.
- VET learners who are going to have a better learning experience in an e-environment.
All Target Groups are invited to participate in the hackathon events